Cookbook:Pan-Fried Shanghai Noodles
These pan-fried Shanghai noodles are perfect on those nights when all you want is a big bowl of savory noodles. Plus, they’re 100% vegan and require only 6 ingredients and 20 minutes to make.
- 1 pound Shanghai noodles (the thick ones)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces baby bok choy, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- In a medium saucepan, bring about 2 quarts water to a rapid boil. Add Shanghai noodles and cook for about 3 minutes. Check the noodles. You want the outside of the noodles to be soft but still a bit firm on the inside.
- Remove the noodles from the heat, drain, and rinse under cold running water. Stir a few drops of oil into the noodles to prevent them from sticking together.
- Heat up sesame oil in a large nonstick pan, a wok, or a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and bok choy. Saute until the bok choy starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Switch to medium heat. Add cooked noodles to the pan, followed by dark soy sauce and coconut aminos. Stir fry everything together until the noodles get an even brown color. Serve immediately!