This recipe for oysters kilpatrick was adapted and modernized from the 1881 Household Cyclopedia.
- Combine the tomato sauce and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Generously place diced bacon over the raw oysters.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the oysters and bacon.
- Fill a pan with rock salt, and nestle the oysters on top.
- Bake the oysters at 180°C until the oysters are firm to the touch and bacon is crispy. Alternatively, the oysters can be placed under a grill with a high heat until firm and bacon is crispy.
- Serve the oysters with either lemon wedges or additional Kilpatrick sauce.