Cookbook:Fresh Noodles of Alsace (Nouilles fraîches à l'Alsacienne)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Nouilles fraîches à l'Alsacienne)
For 6 servings:
- Break the eggs and place in a large bowl. Mix in salt and vinegar.
- While mixing, gradually add the flour.
- Work the dough for several minutes until it is smooth.
- Roll dough into a ball and wrap in a dry cloth. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into pieces the size of a tennis ball and flatten on the work surface to a thickness of 2mm (⅛ inch).
- Allow the dough to dry for 30 minutes, turning the rounds frequently. One can also dry them by suspending them from a cord or over a broom handle place on the backs of two chairs.
- Flour each round and roll it up on itself. Cut into slices 3-4 mm (¼ in.) thick.
- Unroll to obtain the noodles, and spread out on a large tray without tangling them.
- Fill a large pot with salted water; bring to a boil and plunge in the noodles.
- Poach for 7-8 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and toss with melted butter.