Cookbook:Noodles for Soup
- Beat the egg. Mix and knead in flour until you have a very stiff dough.
- Roll the dough out into a thin sheet.
- Sprinkle the dough with a good amount of flour to prevent it from sticking to itself. Tightly roll up the dough to make a log.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the log cross-wise into thin slices, similar to how you would slice cabbage for slaw. Unroll the noodles and toss with flour.
- Add the noodles to boiling soup. Simmer for 10 minutes.
From the 1881 Household Cyclopedia