Cookbook:Nigerian Fried Cheese Curds (Wara)
|Nigerian Fried Cheese Curds (Wara)
Wara refers to Nigerian cheese curds or tofu, the former being made from cow milk and the latter from soy milk. It is sometimes eaten as a snack by travelers, who can always get it as a staple product. The recipe below is for fried cow milk wara.
- Strain the milk into a large pot.
- Bring the milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat, and add lime juice. Do not stir. The curds should separate from the whey.
- Pack the curds in a colander, and allow excess water to drain out.
- Cut curds into desired shapes, and deep fry in hot oil.