Cookbook:Nigerian Egg Roll
|Nigerian Egg Roll
Egg rolls are a popular Nigerian snack, consisting of a boiled egg wrapped in dough and fried.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Mix in the butter until crumbly. Mix in the egg and evaporated milk to make a dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap, and leave to rest for about 5–10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, preheat several inches of vegetable oil in a pot to 350–375°F (medium heat).
- Divide the dough into six parts, flouring your palms to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Flatten each piece of dough with your hands. Place one boiled egg on the dough, and wrap the dough around the egg to completely enclose it. Pinch the dough to tightly seal it around the egg. Repeat this process until all the eggs are wrapped.
- Carefully transfer the egg rolls to the preheated oil, and fry until golden brown.
- Remove the egg rolls from the oil, and place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with the drink of your choice.