Cookbook:Nigerian Chicken with Coconut Sauce
|Nigerian Chicken with Coconut Sauce
Anyone should try this recipe for Nigerian chicken and coconut sauce because it is one of the simplest and tastiest sauce recipes. Making coconut sauce is really easy.
Although there are various ways to make this coconut sauce, this recipe makes it without using any oil. The three main components of this coconut curry sauce are chicken, curry, and coconut milk; the rest of the seasonings can be changed to suit personal preferences or, if you prefer, you can make your own. As for the vegetables, feel free to use your favorite varieties.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, curry, onion, ginger, thyme, nutmeg, and stock cubes. Combine well, and let marinate for about an hour to properly flavor the meat.
- Transfer the chicken to a pot on the stove, and cook for 10 minutes without adding water or oil.
- Add some water, mix, and bring to a boil. Simmer until only a small amount of liquid remains.
- Heat a second pot over medium heat. Add the garlic paste and diced onion. Stir in the vegetables, and season with salt, pepper, thyme, stock cubes, and curry powder.
- Stir in no more than 1 cup of the chicken stock made from cooking the meat. Stir in the cooked chicken, then the coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes until it has a creamy texture and oil has risen to the top.
- Check the dish for seasoning, and adjust as needed. Serve with boiled white rice.