Cookbook:Nigerian Chicken Fried Rice
|Nigerian Chicken Fried Rice
A simple and fast meal for any occasion, this recipe for chicken fried rice is made with soy sauce, rice, bits of marinated chicken, and vibrant vegetables. It differs from the common Nigerian fried rice cooked with curry or turmeric and is a separate type of fried rice.
- Season the chicken and cook it until tender. Shred into smaller pieces, and lightly fry them in oil. Set aside.
- Cook the rice in chicken stock, then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan. Whisk the egg, then add it to the pan and cook until done. Remove the egg and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the hot pan, and add the ginger, garlic, and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the remaining vegetables, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until they are soft. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, and season with ground pepper.
- Add the rice, season with a few more tablespoons of soy sauce, and mix well.
- Add the shredded chicken, and toss well. Make sure all the ingredients are heated through.
- Remove from the heat, and garnish with chopped scallions.