Cookbook:Nigerian Bread Rolls
|Nigerian Bread Rolls
Nigerian bread rolls are a type of bread enriched with milk, egg, and butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in the egg and butter until well-distributed.
- Combine the yeast and milk, and let sit until foamy. Mix into the flour mixture until a thick dough forms.
- Knead the dough for about 8 minutes. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a thin plastic wrap, and set aside to rise in a warm area for about 1 hour until doubled in volume.
- Shape the dough into small spheres, making them as smooth as possible.
- Place the rolls side by side in a baking pan. Brush them with beaten egg.
- Bake the rolls for about 30 minutes at 350°F until golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool, then remove from the pan and serve.