Cookbook:Ndizi na Nyama (Tanzanian Green Bananas with Beef)
|Ndizi na Nyama (Tanzanian Green Bananas with Beef)|
Ndizi na nyama (green bananas and meat) is a Tanzanian dish popular among the East African countries.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add beef, ginger, salt, and garlic. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- When the meat is almost done, add the oil, tomato paste, onion, and tomatoes to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the banana to the saucepan, cover, and cook for 10–12 minutes until the banana has slightly softened.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes more until the banana can be readily pierced with a fork and the meat is very soft.
- Season with salt to taste, and serve hot.