Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- In a blender, blend tofu and ¼ cup water for about 2 minutes, or until smooth
- Add remaining ¾ cup water and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme, and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Add wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu mixture and simmer until mushrooms are wilted.
- Stir in soy sauce, and adjust salt to taste.
- Using less water and/or adding some flour turns this into a delicious cream sauce for pasta.