Cookbook:Mieliepap (South African Maize Porridge)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mieliepap)
- Add boiling water from the kettle to a pot and cook on stove till 100°C (boiling point).
- Mix the maize meal and cold water in a separate bowl to form a thick consistency like mixture.
- Add the cold mixture and salt to the boiling pot of water, stir till the soft porridge starts bubbling and is thick then turn the stove on low heat and partially close the lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes and dish up.
- Add margarine, milk and sugar if desired. And enjoy.