Cookbook:Microwave Peanut Brittle
|Microwave Peanut Brittle|
This is an easier version of Peanut Brittle that can be prepared in under 10 minutes using a microwave.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In 1½-quart casserole dish, stir together sugar and syrup. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave on high for 3–5 minutes or until light brown.
- Add butter and vanilla, mixing well. Microwave at high 1–2 minutes more. The peanuts will be lightly browned and syrup very hot.
- Add baking soda and stir gently until light and foamy.
- Pour mixture onto greased cookie sheet. Let cool ½–1 hour.
- When cool, break into small pieces and store in airtight container.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- Take care not to overcook or under cook. Overcooking results in a burnt taste, and under cooking results in a taffy-like consistency that sticks to the teeth.
- Microwave times will depend on the power of your individual microwave. It may take a few experiments before you determine what is the right cooking time.
- If you start seeing part of the mixture turning brown, it is probably beginning to burn. Remove immediately.