- Place beef in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add cognac to cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place mesquite chips in the hot coal area of a charcoal grill.
- Combine paprika, coriander, salt, pepper, rosemary, and lemon peel. Rub this mixture all over beef and bring to room temperature.
- Place beef in center of grill, cover, and cook, turning often until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare, 150°F for medium, or 160°F for toast.
- Remove, let rest for 10 minutes, and serve.