- 1 center cut beef tenderloin roast
- 3/4 cup soaked mesquite wood chips
- Cognac, as needed
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coarsely ground coriander (seeds, not herb)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dehydrated lemon peel
- Place beef in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add cognac to cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place mesquite chips in the hot coal area of a charcoal grill.
- Combine Rub ingredients and rub all over beef. Bring to room temperature.
- Place beef in center of grill, cover, and cook, turning often until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium rare, 150° for medium, 160° for toast.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes and serve.