|Time||Prep: 20 minutes|
Baking: ~90 minutes
- Clean your pumpkin well, being careful to remove manure, dirt, etc. Chop off the stem.
- Bake the cleaned pumpkin in a 375 °F (190 C) oven for about 45 minutes per 250 g. A small pumpkin of less than 500 g works best.
- Remove pumpkin and allow to rest for 5–10 minutes.
- During this time, take out sea salt, butter, and your pepper mill.
- Chop pumpkin in half with cleaver, butcher knife, or kitchen hatchet.
- Remove seeds and guts; roast seeds and discard the rest.
- Separate the skin from the flesh.
- Place hot pumpkin flesh in a food processor, along with salt, pepper, and butter to taste.
Notes, tips and variations Edit
- If pumpkin is not soft when removed from oven, place back in for 10–15 minutes each time.
- An alternative if you have no food processor is to mash the pumpkin flesh by hand until nearly smooth.