Cookbook:Marsala Chicken Scallopini
Marsala chicken scallopini is a meal in the style of Italian cuisine, with mouthwatering flavors gotten from the fortified Marsala wine.
For 4-6 servings, depending on serving size:
- Put each chicken breast in a plastic bag and flatten with a meat tenderizer. Coarsely chop the basil, and then throw it in a deep baking pan along with some flour, oregano, and toss the chicken with it.
- Melt 2 tsp of butter in a medium fry pan on low-medium heat. When the butter stops bubbling, add the chicken and brown each section approximately 3 minutes for each side. Once this is done, cover and set aside on a separate plate.
- Drain off most of the liquid from the pan, and raise the heat. Pour a dollop of olive oil in, and sear the asparagus quickly. Remove this and set aside.
- Keep at high heat, add the marsala and 1/4 of the stock. Boil off for a few minutes. Lower the heat, and return the asparagus to the pan. Add the remaining stock and boil off to reduce. Add a tsp of butter, and cover chicken with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- At various points during the cooking, you may want to grind some fresh pepper and sprinkle salt over top of the sauce or chicken; do so according to your tastes.