Cookbook:Macaroni & Nutritional Yeast
Macaroni & Nutritional Yeast is a vegan alternative to Macaroni and Cheese.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, add salt to taste, and add the macaroni.
- Melt the margarine over low heat. Beat in flour with a wire whisk. Continue to beat over medium heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Whip in boiling water (or rice milk). Then add salt, garlic powder, soy sauce, and turmeric to the liquid.
- The sauce should cook until it thickens and bubbles. When that happens, beat in nutritional yeast flakes (if the sauce is too thick, add more water). For a variation, add mustard.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain and add the sauce. Serve immediately.