- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add celery, onion, and garlic and sauté until garlic is golden and onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, 1 tsp salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Remove bay leaves and reserve.
- Purée soup until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Add bay leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and ladle into individual bowls. Grind on some black pepper and sprinkle with some dill, if desired, before serving.