Cookbook:Le Tourin (Garlic Soup)
|Le Tourin (Garlic Soup)|
Le tourin is a type of garlic soup. This recipe is from the village of Le Fleix in Dordogne.
For 2 servings:
- In a frying pan, brown the chopped garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the flour. Mix well, then cook for a few minutes to remove the floury taste.
- Gradually stir in the water, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg white in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in a ladleful of the soup to temper it, then stir the mixture back into the soup pot.
- Combine the egg yolk, pepper, and vinegar in a small bowl. Like before, gradually temper the yolks with a ladleful of soup.
- Remove the soup from the heat, and stir in the egg yolk mixture. Season to taste with salt.
- Place thin slices of bread in each soup bowl, and pour the soup on top. Serve hot.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- You can optionally use an equal mixture of chopped onions and garlic.