Le Tourin is a type of garlic soup. This recipe is from the village of Le Fleix in Dordogne.
- 10-12 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- water — 4 cups (adjust amount as needed - use distilled, filtered or reverse osmosis water)
- salt to taste
- 1 egg, separated
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- In a frying pan, brown the chopped garlic (or optionally, an equal mixture of chopped onions and garlic) in the olive oil.
- Add the flour.
- Mix well, then cook for a moment.
- Add some boiling salted water, and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate dish, mix:
- egg yolk
- Add the egg white to the soup, first tempering in a separate bowl with a whisk, so that no large pieces of egg white form.
- Cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the egg yolk mixture, again tempering to avoid coagulation.
- Place thin slices of bread in each soup bowl, and pour the soup on top. Serve hot. Bon appétit.