Cookbook:Lancashire Corned Beef Hash
|Lancashire Corned Beef Hash|
|Time||1 hour, or 10 minutes|
Serve it with buttered bread and HP sauce.
Method I – Stovetop Edit
- Put all the ingredients in a wok (a wok is perfect though not traditional) or another large pan.
- Add water until almost covering the ingredients.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes soften.
- If too wet, strain off some water.
- Add the broken-up corned beef and stir in gently.
- Bring almost to the boil.
- Switch off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat again or serve as it is.
Method II – Pressure cooker Edit
It's easy to make hash in a pressure cooker—just follow the pressure cooker instructions to cook the potatoes and onions on the stovetop.
- Put all the ingredients except the corned beef into the pressure cooker. You do not need much water—perhaps 1–2 cm.
- Bring the pressure cooker up to pressure and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up the corned beef. When the other ingredients are cooked, open the pressure cooker and mix in the corned beef.