Cookbook:Kuli Kuli (Nigerian Crunchy Peanut Fritter)
|Kuli Kuli (Nigerian Crunchy Peanut Fritter)
Kuli kuli is a Nigerian snack originating in the north, but appreciated in other regions of the country. It is made from dry roasted groundnut, and it has a crunchy texture. It is very easy to make but can be time consuming.
- Grind the roasted groundnuts and ginger until smooth, but do not allow it to completely become a paste.
- Squeeze the groundnut paste to remove as much oil as possible. This is required to make the finished kuli kuli crunchy.
- Mold the paste into any shape of your choice.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan or pot. Some minced onion can be added for extra flavor.
- Add the groundnut paste pieces to the oil, and fry until crunchy.
- Remove from the oil, drain any excess oil, and let it cool.