Cookbook:Kovaim (Hungarian Cheese Dumplings)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Kovaim)
- Dry ricotta cheese
- Salt to taste
- Mix the flour, salt, eggs and water into a dough. Knead it until it is very smooth.
- Cover the dough in a plastic bowl, and let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Combine the ricotta and salt to make the filling.
- Roll the dough out into a sheet as thin as possible (about 3 mm thick). Cut into squares, and fill each square with some filling. Fold the dough over the filling diagonally to make a triangular dumpling.
- Boil the dumplings in water for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.