Cookbook:Katogo (Ugandan Mixed Breakfast Vegetables)
|Katogo (Ugandan Mixed Breakfast Vegetables)|
Katogo is a traditional Ugandan dish usually eaten for breakfast. It was mostly regarded to as a poor man's food, but with time and creativity, even the rich love to eat it too.
- Chop the green bananas and set aside.
- Sauté the onions in a pot of cooking oil until lightly browned.
- Add the pepper and tomatoes, then season to taste with salt. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the banana, and stir for another minute.
- Add the water and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the cumin, curry powder, and black pepper. Make sure all the spices are well-incorporated. Simmer for 2 minutes, and adjust the spices to taste.
- Rinse the cooked beans with clean water, then drain them well. Stir into the pot, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander.