- Bring the stock to a simmer before you begin. It's important that the temperature is as high as possible, without letting the stock boil. The surface of the stock should just be moving a little.
- Sauté the shallots in olive oil until soft.
- Add the rice, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, until coated with oil.
- Pour in wine and about ½ cup of the hot broth and continue stirring.
- Keep adding liquid as necessary and stir for an additional 15 minutes, keeping the rice creamy.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, and truffle oil.
- Serve immediately.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- The rice should be plump, medium grain rice that contains a lot of starch, like Arborio or Carnaroli. Other rices that work well are Roma, Nano Maratelli, and Vialone.