This makes an excellent side dish, and goes well with a large variety of things, from spicy eggplant to tofu to potatoes in coconut sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot.
- Add the cumin, then the raisins and cashews. Sauté for two minutes.
- Add the rice, and sauté for another minute.
- Add water, and bring everything to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover, and cook for 12 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- Basmati rice is recommended, as other types may turn out poorly. Do not use Italian risotto rice, or any sticky rice.