Cookbook:Hornickels' Glazed Onion Canapes
|Hornickels' Glazed Onion Canapes|
For 8 canapés:
- Melt half the butter in a small saucepan.
- Turn the burner to medium heat. Add the diced onions to the pan.
- Slowly caramelize the onions, adding in the rest of the butter as needed to keep from burning.
- Once caramelized, add the brown sugar and the honey. Combine thoroughly until all the onions are glazed.
- Place onions attractively onto the crackers, and finish with a small dollop of sour cream.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Keep an eye on the onions—they burn easily.
- Measurements are not exact, play around to see what you like.