- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl combine grits, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, butter, and sugar.
- In another bowl beat 2 eggs thoroughly, then add milk and mix together completely.
- Add egg and milk mixture to dry ingredients.
- Grease a large baking dish or 2 loaf pans. Pour mixture into pan(s).
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until golden brown and a knife inserted in the bread comes out clean.
Notes, tips, and variations
- This bread is best eaten warm for breakfast with butter or honey.