Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
|This recipe will generate sufficient carbon monoxide to poison you. Ensure the work space is safely ventilated.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- Hickory chips
- Combine all brine ingredients in a gallon-size zip-top bag. Add pork roast and brine in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Remove pork from brine. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Combine rub ingredients. Massage into pork and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, place a roasting rack into a large roasting pan with a good amount of hickory chips in it. Insert a probe thermometer into the roast and bake at 200°F until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Move to a plate and let rest uncovered 5 minutes. Serve thickly sliced.