Cookbook:Hickory BBQ Chicken Wings
- 24 chicken wings, tip removed, cut in half at the joint
- 10 tbsp barbecue sauce
- ½ tsp hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 2 ½ quarts peanut or canola oil
- 3 tbs hickory-flavored seasoning
- Combine sauce and smoke. Set aside.
- Season chicken evenly with seasoning. Set aside.
- Heat oil to 350˚F. Add chicken, and working in batches, cook 10-12 minutes or golden brown, crisp, and cooked through to 165°F. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Once all chicken has been fried, toss with sauce mixture. Serve warm with blue cheese dressing.