Cookbook:Herb Bubble Bread
|Herb Bubble Bread|
|Yield||12–16 rolls/buns, 6–8 mini loaves, or 1 regular-sized loaf|
|Time||Prep: 8 to 10 minutes.|
Cooking: 15 minutes+ depending on size
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Herb bubble bread is nice type of bread that is a good accompaniment to any meal. This recipe is for use with a bread machine.
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 standard egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ⅛ teaspoon ground savory
- Measure all ingredients for the dough into the bread pan. Set your bread machine to the dough setting.
- Remove dough after it's finished mixing in the bread machine.
- In a small bowl, combine the herb mixture in the order listed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Divide the dough into 12–16 equal parts and shape into balls.
- Roll each ball into the herb mixture and arrange in greased loaf pan.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise in a draft-free place until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until brown.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- All ingredients should be at room temperature (70–80°F/21–27°C).
- Cooking times may vary between various models of ovens.
- This dough can also be made into 12–16 rolls/buns, 6–8 mini loaves, or 1 regular sized loaf of bread.
- To cut the cooking time in half, preheat oven to 400°C. Then bake for 15 minutes and your rolls/buns or mini loaves will come out golden brown. You might want to cook it slightly longer for a regular size loaf of this bread.
- You can use all-purpose flour if you don't happen to have bread flour.