|Serving Size:||1 biscuit (50 g)|
|Servings Per Recipe:||8|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
Makes 8 servings:
¾ cup all purpose flour 93.75 51.02% ¾ cup whole wheat flour 90 48.98% 1 tablespoon baking powder 13.8 7.51% ¼ teaspoon salt 1.5 0.82% ½ teaspoon dried marjoram 0.3 0.16% ½ teaspoon dill weed 0.5 0.27% ¼ teaspoon dried thyme 0.35 0.19% ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder 0.39 0.21% 3 tablespoons margarine 42 22.86% ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons skim milk 153.12 83.33% Formula 395.71 215.35%
- Preheat oven to 450 ˚F. Have an ungreased baking sheet ready.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix well.
- Add margarine, mix with a fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead a few times until dough holds together in a ball. Add a small amount of flour if dough is sticky.
- Roll dough, or press with your hands, to ½ inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter or a glass, cut 8 biscuits. (Scraps can be put together and rolled again.)
- Place biscuits on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack. Serve hot.
Conversion notes Edit