Cookbook:Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce
Adding your flavorings to the butter before you melt it is a great trick to keep butter sauces from separating. Adding cream is also a good way.
- 4 (6-ounce) Coho salmon filets, skin on one side
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A flame-resistant towel tied with twine and soaked in oil
- Brush salmon with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large chimney starter's worth of charcoal briquets. Once hot, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill and reapply the grate.
- Quickly lube the grate with the towel. (held with tongs of course) Add salmon filets, skin side down, and cook, covered, turning often, until fish is pink throughout and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Fold together lemon and butter. Melt over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Drizzle butter over filets and serve warm.