- Spread peanut butter between two slices of white bread (other kinds of bread can of course be substituted).
- Spread outsides of bread with softened or melted butter or margarine.
- Cook in a non-stick skillet on medium heat, turning a few times, until bread is golden brown and peanut butter is melted.
- Serve with plenty of milk.
Tips, tricks, and variationsEdit
- Make a standard peanut butter and jelly sandwich and cook it in the same manner; these are very good.
- Make a standard peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff sandwich and cook it in the same manner. These are very good, but can be a bit messy.
- Substitute almond or cashew butter for peanut butter.
Elvis was famous for consuming these with sliced bananas and "burnt" bacon