- In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, Boursin and ricotta cheese. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, shallot, chives, thyme, basil and tarragon.
- Cook just until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Fold herbs into cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until mixture is firm, at least 30 minutes.
- When cheese mixture is firm, divide it into 8 equal portions and form each portion into a cake about ¾-inch thick.
- Dredge each cake in flour, then shake off excess flour.
- Dip each cake in egg wash, then into breadcrumbs, covering well on both sides. Set on a wire rack.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Gently add cheese cakes and fry until golden on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on a wire rack.