Cookbook:Gluten Veggie Meat
|Gluten Veggie Meat|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | wheat
Gluten Veggie Meat is an excellent supplement for meatless dishes with high protein content. This recipe is essentially made from pure wheat, gluten is a concentrated derivative of wheat.
Many store-bought vegan protein meats are made from gluten.
This particular recipe is very inexpensive and can provide a family with several weeks of meat substitute that is delicious and a fraction of the cost of sustaining a diet that is exclusively animal meat.
- 1 bag (22 oz/623 g) Vital Wheat Gluten Flour
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 bouillon cubes for broth seasoning
- ½ cup of soy sauce for dipping
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- ¾ teaspoons of garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoons of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of oil
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten flour, garlic powder, parsley flakes and ¾ cup of water
- Mix gluten flour, seasoning and water in bowl
- Knead for about 2 minutes, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Slice gluten into meat pieces. The smaller the pieces, then firmer the final texture.
- Bring large pot w/ lid to boil and add bouillon cubes
- Add sliced pieces of gluten to seasoned, boiling water
- Reduce heat to subtle simmer
- Cover with lid and simmer for 55 minutes, stir occasionally
- Drain substantially larger gluten pieces, and place in another bowl to cool
- In another bowl with a lid add all-purpose flour, onion powder, and salt; cover and shake
- In yet another bowl, pour in soy sauce for dipping
- Dip several pieces of cooled gluten in bowl with soy sauce
- Next, place gluten pieces in bowl with seasoned flour, cover and shake.
- Fry in frying pan with oil until browned
Personally, I use gluten veggie meats in everything. This includes recipes for stroganoff, meatballs, steak, stir-fry, etc. Be creative and enjoy! :-)