Cookbook:Gluten Veggie Meat
|Gluten Veggie Meat|
Gluten veggie meat is an excellent supplement to meatless dishes. Many store-bought vegan protein meats are made from gluten. This particular recipe is very inexpensive and can provide a family with several weeks of meat substitute that is delicious and a fraction of the cost of sustaining a diet that is exclusively animal meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten flour, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and cup of water.
- Knead for about 2 minutes, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Slice gluten into pieces. The smaller the pieces, then firmer the final texture.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add bouillon cubes.
- Add sliced pieces of gluten to the seasoned, boiling water.
- Reduce heat to subtle simmer. Cover with lid and simmer for 55 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain substantially larger gluten pieces, and place in another bowl to cool.
- In another bowl with a lid, combine all-purpose flour, onion powder, and salt; cover and shake.
- In another bowl, pour in soy sauce for dipping.
- Dip several pieces of cooled gluten into bowl with soy sauce.
- Place gluten pieces in bowl with seasoned flour, cover, and shake.
- Fry pieces in frying pan with oil until browned.