- Season ribs with the Barbecue Rub. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place applewood in the firebox of a 250°F smoker or the coal area of a 250°F charcoal grill set for indirect heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by ⅓. Cover tightly and set aside.
- Place ribs in smoker/on top of grill grate and cook, brushing often with preserve mixture, for 5-6 hours.
- Brush ribs generously with preserve mixture and place on a medium high grill and cook, repeatedly brushing side facing you, until well browned. Repeat one more time.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes; slice into 1-rib portions and serve.