Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Bread
- Place oven rack to middle setting, and preheat to 350°F (175°C).
- Using a bread knife, cut baguette in half lengthwise, then cut diagonal slits towards the bottom but not all the way through.
- With a garlic crusher or chef's knife, mince the peeled garlic cloves.
- In a medium bowl, soften butter in a microwave. The time will depend on the microwave.
- With a fork, mash minced garlic into softened butter, and mix until even.
- With a butter knife, spread butter mix onto both halves of bread and in the diagonal slits.
- Wrap each half with foil, and place in oven on middle rack. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven, remove foil, and serve warm.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- If you're a garlic lover, add one or more cloves of garlic and/or additional garlic powder.