Onion cream sauceEdit
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir flour into melted butter. Cook for a few minutes, stirring, until the mixture loses its floury taste. Do not let the mixture brown.
- Gradually stir the cream into the flour mixture, taking care to prevent lumps. Cook, stirring, until mixture has thickened.
- Mix in the salt, onion, and parsley.
- Temper the beaten egg with some of the sauce, taking care not to curdle the egg. Stir this mixture back into the sauce.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Cooking the frogEdit
- Blanch frog legs in boiling water with lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Drain legs and pat dry.
- Dip legs into eggs and roll in bread crumbs. Deep fry at 370°F (190°C) for 2 to 3 minutes until legs are tender (check the temperature of the fat with a thermometer).
- Serve with onion cream sauce.