- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut the butter into five pieces and cut into dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Mix sour cream and egg yolk together, and mix with dry ingredients until all ingredients are combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and sprinkle blossoms on top.
- Knead lightly (only about 10 times) to mix flowers in.
- Pat out into a square about ¾ inch thick.
- Cut into 4 squares, and cut each square diagonally to make 8 scones.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes.