- Combine the corn starch and water in a pot, gradually mixing the water in to prevent lumps.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a spatula to prevent lumps. If lumps continue to form with constant stirring, the heat is too high.
- When it has thickened to the consistency of custard, stir in some water. Cover the pot, and cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Put a small amount of the mixture in a basin of cold water to see if it's ready. If it sets after cooling, it is ready.
- Transfer the mixture to another bowl, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
Notes, tips, and variations