Cookbook:Easy Pasta Sauce
(Redirected from Cookbook:Easy pasta sauce)
|Easy Pasta Sauce|
This a very easy and tasty pasta sauce. It's good with just pasta, and goes well with a lot of vegetables as well. The quantities of ingredients vary with the amount of pasta, and with your taste preferences.
- Finely chop tomatoes or purée them in a food processor—this depends on what consistency you want. Chopping gives a chunkier sauce while using puréed tomatoes yields a smoother sauce.
- Grind garlic to paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Using a pan with non-stick coating necessitates less oil.
- When oil is hot (but not too hot), turn down heat and add garlic paste.
- When garlic is golden-brown, add tomatoes.
- Tomatoes have to be cooked until done—they'll look and smell cooked instead of raw, and will be a deeper, redder colour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When tomatoes are almost done, add fresh cream to taste. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add oregano, then cook for another minute.
- Add cooked pasta and vegetables.
- Serve hot, garnished with herbs (e.g. basil, rosemary).