Cookbook:Dovga (Azerbaijani Yogurt Soup)
|Dovga (Azerbaijani Yogurt Soup)|
Dovga (Dovğа) is a national meal of Azerbaijani cuisine. It is yogurt milk soup. Dovga can be eaten both cold and warm. Traditionally dovga is made with meatballs which are boiled separately and then added into it. Dovga is famed among ancient Azerbaijan gourmets.
- Stir yogurt to remove lumps, then pour into a pot.
- Add rice and egg, and thoroughly mix.
- Set pot over low heat. Mix continuously and slowly until it boils (otherwise the yogurt and eggs may curdle).
- While the mixture is boiling, chop the greens. Add these into the yogurt mixture, and boil again for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas, if using.
- Serve in plates or glasses, adding salt to taste.