Serve these deviled eggs for any occasion, whether it be a wedding feast, a picnic in the park, or for lunch or dinner!
For 12 deviled eggs halves:
- 6 eggs (large)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise/salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika (optional)
- Place eggs in enough cold water to cover completely, and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a lower MEDIUM BOIL, and cook for 12 minutes.
- Drain eggs, and promptly chill eggs in cold water so yolks stay bright yellow.
- Remove shells from eggs, and halve lengthwise with a knife.
- Carefully extract the yolks without breaking the whites, and place the yolks in a bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork, and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Very carefully spoon the mixture back into the egg white halves.
- Garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika (optional).
- eggs, depending on appetite and number of people
- Mayonnaise, depending on desired texture and taste
- Mustard to taste
- Paprika to taste
- A small 2-quart pot saucepan
- A small spoon or teaspoon
- Paring Knife
- Plate or small bowl
- Gas or electric stove, at medium-high to high heat
- To cook the eggs, follow the procedure for Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Allow the eggs to cool, then cut them in half lengthwise, so each half contains half a yolk.
- Carefully remove the yolks, add the mayonnaise (about one spoonful per three medium eggs), and mash them together with a fork, folding the yolks and mayonnaise together until evenly mixed. Use more mayonnaise for a richer, smoother texture.
- Add about half a spoon of mustard or more or less to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into the empty egg whites until each is equally filled.
- Sprinkle a little paprika on the yolk of each re-filled egg.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to consume. Enjoy!