- 4 (6-8 ounce) New York strip steaks, 1-1 1/4 inches thick
- Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1 tbs freshly ground coriander (that's the seeds, cause I'm American)
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbs red pepper flake
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Brush steak with olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Pat mixture into both sides of steaks and refrigerate as long as possible.
- Preheat kettle grill with a chimney starter. Add steaks and cook about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare, or to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks to a plate and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Let rest about 5 minutes before serving.