Cookbook:Curry Chicken II
|Curry Chicken II|
|Category||South Asian recipes|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Curry | Indian cuisine
The original contributor of this recipe left the following comment:
"My colleague Venayagaratnam ("Sri" from Sri Lanka) gave me this recipe, and I enjoyed it the first time I made it."
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 pieces chicken thighs, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (see notes)
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, crushed
- 2–3 tablespoons butter chicken masala powder
- 1½ cups water
- In a cooking vessel over medium-high heat, add oil and chopped onion, and sauté until light brown.
- Add chicken and salt, and leave for 3–5 minutes, stirring in between.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic, and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in masala powder, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water, and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and let it cook for 15 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- You may substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder for crushed garlic
- "Parampara" butter chicken mix is the recipe's original spice mix found in an Indian food store in North Carolina's Triangle area.