Cookbook:Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
Crispy on the outside, coated in a sweet maple glaze.
- 4 sweet potatoes, julienned
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Cover potatoes with water. Bring to a rolling boil and cook until tender.
- Drain thoroughly and cold shock in a bowl of iced water. Drain again.
- Combine syrup and vanilla; set aside.
- Heat oil to 375°F and fry in batches until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle on potatoes once all fried.
- Warm syrup mixture in a large saucepan over low heat; toss with potatoes and serve.