- 1 pound (450 g) purged live craw/crayfish
- 1/2 gallon (2 liters) water
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp dried dill weed
- 2 tbsp each garlic and onion powder
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Lemon zest
- Bring water to a boil in a stockpot or your tallest pot. Add Seasoning ingredients and stir.
- Add crawfish, making sure to leave any dead ones behind. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave on the burner for 8 minutes.
- Drain through a colander and serve.
Note: This recipe is for a fairly small amount.