Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
||1 cupcake (95 g)
|Servings Per Recipe:
|Amount per serving
|Calories from fat
Coronet cupcakes are a recipe adapted from one in page 36 of April 2023 edition of Tesco's magazine. This recipe is to celebrate the King's Coronation in the UK on May 8, 2023.
- 1¼ sticks (160 g/5.6 oz) butter
- 2½ cups (310 g/11 oz) powdered sugar
- 15 g (0.53 oz) tube violet extra-strong food coloring gel
- 60 mini gem candies, 12 yellow reserved
- Edible gold glitter spray
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (356 °F). Line an 12-hole cupcake pan with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one.
- Fold in the flour. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes until golden.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and leave it to cool.
- Beat the butter in another bowl until light.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- Beat in the food coloring.
- Using a teaspoon or a serrated knife and starting near the edges, remove the risen top on each cupcake. Be sure to keep the tops intact.
- Cut each top into 4 quarters and dust with a little edible gold spray.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the buttercream into a piping bag with a 5 mm (0.20 in) hole, and put the rest into another piping bag with a 2 cm (0.79 in) hole.
- Using the bag with the larger hole, pipe a mound of frosting on top of each cupcake, starting near the edge and moving towards the center.
- Top each cupcake with 4 gold trimmings, standing them upright. Space them evenly around the edges, and press them into the frosting to adhere them. It should look like 4 fans sticking out of the frosting to give the appearance of a crown.
- Arrange the non-yellow gems on the frosting between the fans, pressing gently to make sure they stick.
- Using the piping back with the smaller hole, pipe a small blob atop the center of each mound of frosting. Spray with a little gold spray.
- Dust the yellow gems with glitter, and place one on top of the center blob of each cupcake.
- Dust each cupcake with a little extra glitter and serve.