- Scoop out the column of seeds in zucchini halves using a teaspoon or a grapefruit spoon. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup cornbread with salt, pepper, egg yolks, and cream cheese. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks with cream of tartar. Stir in ¼ of the egg whites.
- Gently fold in remaining egg whites. Place enough mixture to fill the column in the zucchini.
- Combine remaining cornbread and Monterrey Jack cheese. Sprinkle over top of each zucchini half.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 30–35 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top. Serve warm.